This guide explains how to add a link OR embed an image in your Self Inspection template.
1. You will need to create a new version of your existing self-inspection template. Click on the gear in the top right, select templates and click the three dots to the right of the template. Click on “Revise” to create a new draft version of the template.
2. You can add your link or image to any long text field that is admin only.
If you want to display the link and/or image in the instructions for the self-inspection, you will add the link and/or image to the instructions long text field that is admin only and has a workflow field type of: Recipient instructions. This is usually in the first section of the template. It will display on the first page of the self-inspection for the resident.
To add to your existing field, click on the edit box on the right OR add a new field.
3. To add a link to a webpage or image, you will need to add the following text to the default text box in the long text/admin only field:
<a href="INSERT LINK HERE" target="_blank">INSERT TEXT THAT WILL BE LINKED</a>
Example: <a href="https://i0.wp.com/www.fotonotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/pre- acq.jpg?fit=1174%2C743&ssl=1" target="_blank">See Instructions</a>
Please note: If you are linking to an image it must already be hosted somewhere and have a valid link to work.
4. To embed an image so the image displays in the long text/admin only field, you will need to add the following text to the default text box of that field:
<img src="INSERT LINK TO IMAGE HERE">
Example: <img src="https://i0.wp.com/www.fotonotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/pre-acq.jpg?fit=1174%2C743&ssl=1">
Please note: The image must already be hosted somewhere and have a valid link to work.
5. Test your draft template and publish when you are done. The link and/or image will now appear in any new inspection you create. In the example below you will see a link and image have been added to the instructions field and are displaying in the instruction. This is what the Resident will see when they read the instructions and start the self-inspection.