Dynamic Line items can contain cost calculations of the services you have set up in your FotoNotes portal. Dynamic Items and Services are premium features. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about setting up dynamic item field groups here.
Learn more about adding services by category here and by market here.
1. Within your field group with dynamic items add a selection field that will be for the type of work. This field will contain the services you have added in your portal. For example, this may be “Landscaping” and include your services related to grass cuts, debris removal, etc.
2. For the selections add the name of the service and for the value copy the service key exactly how it appears in the Services section of your FotoNotes portal. If you would like to set up your services by category, using the service selection field type, please see: Dynamically Display Services by Category
3. Make sure the workflow field is set to “Line item Service Key”.
4. Add a Units field. This can be an integer field type and the workflow field should be “Line Item Service Units”.
5. Add a Cost/Estimate field. This will be a dollar amount field type and the workflow field should be set to “Line Item Service Cost”. We also recommend that this field is "Admin only".
6. In addition to the fields above you can add work description, photos or anything else you would like but they are not required to calculate the service cost.
These service dynamic items are now ready to be used. When an item is selected in the selection field and a unit is entered the cost/estimate will automatically be generated.
Portal admins have the ability to override the service cost if needed.