This video gives you an overview of the new changes we have made to the Template Editor. We hope that these new changes will make it easier and more efficient to create, revise, and test your templates.
1. Go to Admin>Templates. You now see various states of your template. They will be either be in the states of Published, Draft, or Inactive.
2. In the Actions column you have the choice to View the template or Edit the templates that are in Draft mode. Published templates can only be viewed and when you click on the 3 dots to the right you have the option to revise, clone, show other version of the template, and/or export to a template file.
4. To make changes to a template, choose Revise. Select "Create New Version".
5. The new version is in "Draft" mode and you can now make your revisions. After you made your revisions, you have the choice to Test or Publish the template.
6. We recommend you test the new revisions before you publish the template. Click "Continue".
7. A test project has now been created for you to try out the revisions.
8. After you are done testing your revisions and go back to the Template page. If you click on Edit on the template you are currently revising, a pop up will appear to "Delete Test Projects". Click on "Continue" to delete the test projects and continue editing.
9. You are now ready to Publish your template. You can publish from the template list page or in the template editor. Click "Publish".
10. You will now see that the that the "Construction Job Report" now has a version 2 that is Published. Click on the 3 dots if you want to see the previous version of the template.
11. You have the option to view the previous versions of the template and click on the 3 dots to clone, revise, or export to a template file.
12. For templates in draft mode, you can edit the template and when you click on the 3 dots to the right you have the option to Test, Publish, Clone, Show other Version, and/or Export to a template file.