This feature automatically allows users to enter costs into fields and automatically calculates section totals as well a grand total for the project. Here is how to get it set up.
1. Set the Workflow type on the template
- Edit the top level information on the template and click the Cost calculation check box under Workflow Types
2. Set up the cost item fields
- For any field that is a cost item select "Cost item" in Workflow field
- This field can be a Dollar amount field, or a Selection field where the values of the selection options are the costs. Do not use any other fields when using a Cost item workflow.
3. Set up section total fields
- Add fields to each section for the section totals. This values for these fields are calculated by summing the values of all the Cost item fields in that given section.
- The field should be a Dollar field, Admin only and have "Section cost total" selected for Workflow field
4. Set up the project total field
- Add a field to the template for the total project cost. This value for this field is calculated by summing the values of all the Cost item fields in the project.
- The field should be a Dollar field, Admin only and have "Project cost total" selected for Workflow field
5. Costs are calculated as cost items are changed
- Create a new project from this template
- Edit the cost item fields in the portal and see the section and project totals update as they are changed
- When cost item fields are updated on mobile, the totals are calculated when those cost items are sync'd back to the cloud
- Mobile users will see updated cost totals after syncing (we'll be adding real-time cost calculations on mobile in the near future)
Have additional questions? Please contact us at email@example.com and we'd be happy to answer them.
The cost calculation feature is a premium feature. If you do not see the features described above in your portal. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss options.