Configuring FotoNotes in the Salesforce/ServiceMax Portal
1. Log into Salesforce and click the “Setup” link at the top right of your home page.
2. In the Quick Find box, type “apps”. Under Build / Create, click on the link marked “Apps”.
4. At the bottom, under “Connected Apps”, click the link for the FotoNotes app to see the consumer key and the consumer secret.
5. If you don't see the FotoNotes app under "Connected Apps", follow the above instructions to get to the Apps page, then click the “New” button next to “Connected Apps”.
6. Follow the instructions on this page:
Be sure to check the “Enable OAuth Settings” checkbox, and then add “Full access” under “Select OAuth Scopes” and select "Relax IP restrictions" under IP Relaxation.
Enter https://fotonotes.com as the callback URL (this is not used, but it appears to be a required field).
7. After you hit “Save”, your consumer key (Salesforce Client ID) and consumer secret (Salesforce Client Secret) will be displayed and accessible to use in configuring FotoNotes (see below)
8. To retrieve the your consumer key (Salesforce Client ID) and consumer secret (Salesforce Client Secret) later. Click on Build/Create/Apps on the left navigation when in Setup and click on the FotoNotes app under Connected Apps. You will see these two items on the FotoNotes screen.
9. Click Setup and in the left sidebar under "Build" click "Critical Updates". Make sure that the update named "Require TLS 1.1 or higher for HTTPS connections" is "Not Activated" in the status column on the right. If it is activated, deactivate it by hitting the "Deactivate" link.
Configuring a Profile and User in Salesforce
1. You can create a user (or use an existing user) in the ServiceMax Portal for the API calls. Go to Setup and click Administer/Manage Users/Users.
2. You can use the existing ServiceMax Service User profile for your API user
3. If you would like to create a more restricted profile for the API user In the Service Max Portal go to Setup and click Administer/Manage Users/Profiles. You can start a new profile by cloning the ServiceMax ServiceUser profile.
4. You can edit and restrict permissions on this profile and then set your API user's profile to this newly created profile. Please request the latest set of recommended permissions from FotoNotes Support or your FotoNotes contact
5. You will need this user's username and password when you configure inside of FotoNotes (see below)
6. The password for this user must only contain letters and numbers
7. Also ensure that Enable API is checked under Administrative Permissions for the Profile of this user.
Configuring Salesforce/ServiceMax Integration in FotoNotes
1. Log in to the FotoNotes Portal as a Portal Admin. Under Admin/Settings configure the 5 fields used by the ServiceMax/Salesforce integration. The Salesforce username and password should be for a user with appropriate levels of permissions. See the first section for how to generate and/or retrieve these values from Salesforce. (Please contact your Salesforce representative if you cannot retrieve)
To get the Salesforce API Base URL, login into Salesforce and take the base url from the browser url. E.g. https://na30.salesforce.com OR https://servicemaxdemo-1410.cloudforce.com/
If the URL is: https://servicemaxdemo-1410.cloudforce.com/home/home.jsp then you would copy the following:https://servicemaxdemo-1410.cloudforce.com/
2. For ServiceMax integration, In each of your templates (under Admin/Templates) add a field called ServiceMax Work Order Number with a Workflow Field type of "ServiceMax work order number" . We also recommend that you make this a required field.
3. For each of your templates under Admin/Templates edit the top level template information by clicking the edit icon in the upper right. Select the status you want to use to trigger the report attachment (usually Complete) and set the Workflow State to "Complete"
4. After configuration is complete, we recommend to log out and log in of the FotoNotes portal to refresh the configuration immediately.
Attaching FotoNotes reports to ServiceMax Work Orders
1. When your field users complete FotoNotes work order, job or inspection forms in the FotoNotes mobile application they are required to enter the relevant ServiceMax work order number into the ServiceMax Work Order Number field.
2. When the field user has set the status of the FotoNotes work order to Complete (or the status specified as workflow state "Complete" in step 3 above) and syncs, the Work Order report will attach to the ServiceMax work order immediately after all the data has been synced.
3. For manually triggering the attachment of the report, log into the FotoNotes portal, review the job and also click the report button to view the report. To attach the report click the ServiceMax integration button. This will trigger the integration to generate the report and attach it to the ServiceMax work order specified in the ServiceMax Work Order Number field.
3. You will find the document attached in the Notes and Attachments section of the ServiceMax work order